Yields: Serves 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 7 minutes
Cauliflower Rice and Green Bean Goodness
A Prebiotic Food that is a nice easy recipe and great for all year round
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- I Orange Pepper (capsicum) cut in 1/2"
- 1 Spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 2" ginger thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup of beans
- 1 cup of edamame beans thawed (or broccoli)
- lime wedges to serve (important)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets discarding the tough inner core and leaves. Pulse the florets in small batches being careful to not over pulse as it will turn mushy. You should end up with around 4 cups of cauliflower pulsed.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper, onion, ginger, peas, beans and edamame and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes only stiring it once
- in a separate bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey and chili garlic paste
- Toss everything together and serve with a lime wedge